10 Minutes With helps the world’s top university students understand different career paths across different sectors by Featuring short video-interviews with influential business leaders.
- Insider’s view. It is very easy to find people with an opinion on what life in an industry feels like, but would you like to hear about the ups and downs of a certain career from a seasoned veteran, or me? That is precisely why you will appreciate the chance to hear about top companies such as Xerox, Microsoft, or Sony from decision makers within those companies. Professionals from all backgrounds discuss what the best and worst parts of their jobs are, just for you!
- It’s FREE, dummy. Do I really need to say anything else? I get it, graduate school is expensive, your piggy bank is running slim, and a ten euro subscription could mean bankruptcy. But this tool is absolutely free, and you can access it through the Career Portal, looking under resources on the right hand side. Plus, you want to make some money when you graduate don’t you?
- Find a job. Companies can interact with students who have viewed their videos. As a student, you can upload your CV and show companies the skills and experiences that make you unique. You will also hear advice on joining their respective industries by the professionals being interviewed. If you are wondering whether an industry is for you or not, it would be a good idea to know what skills people who go into that field typically have.
- Expand your horizons. There are industries we are far more familiar with than others. This is only natural, nothing to be ashamed of, but sometimes it’s nice to explore a new field. Are you struggling trying to decide what specialization to choose? Perhaps you don’t know what industry you should go to after graduation? Are you just curious about what it’s like to be the Head of Reward for Fujitsu, and how you could get there? If you answered yes to any or none of those questions you owe it to yourself to check “10 Minutes With”.
- Instead of making you read something pointless, I will let you go ahead and create an account at “10 Minutes With”
By Borja Arino Bruna, Master in Management candidate, class of 2014.