Lakshay Suri, Master in Management 2015 Alumni, currently works for Gemalto.
How did you find out about this job opportunity?
Networking with IE Alumni through LinkedIn during the initial days at IE and after that applying to a job opening in his company that matched my profile helped me in landing a perfect job.
How did the CMC and your IE experience help you during the recruiting process?
IE CMC round the year used to keep us informed of the career opportunities available in different parts of the world coupled with organizing several sessions on how to impress the companies through CV and Cover Letter. CMC would always be there for us but it is upto us how we value that advice and turn them into actions. Perhaps, the one’s who do are the one’s who have the competitive advantage. Networking is one thing which plays a very crucial role at IE. Finding IE alumni on linkedIn and networking with them in order to understand the ways in which their company works and the possible job opportunities available are the vital things that I learnt at IE. Those valuable advices from CMC and networking with an IE alumni helped me in landing a job in Spain.
How was the recruiting process: stages, tests, interviews, etc?
- The recruiting process started in Madrid with two telephonic interviews with HR and Technical Managers.
- After clearing these interviews, I was invited to Alicante, Spain for the next set of interviews. The third round was interview with the Hiring Managers, which lasted for about 3 to 4 hours. It encapsulated checking on my proficiency for the applied job profile.
- Finally, last round was the HR interview with HR Manager of France and HR Director of Europe. The entire process was mainly focused on understanding if I really fit well in the company culture and job profile.
Would you want to share any tips, advice with current student interested in applying to this company?
- Research about the company as much as you can irrespective of the interview type be it HR or any other. For instance, I knew more or less 10 projects that the company was working on and that was one of the things, according to me, that impressed the technical Managers.
- Be as much flexible as you can with regards to interview time slots. There are times when company checks if the candidate is really flexible if they reschedule the interview.
- Network with any of the IE alumni’s working in the company to understand not only the company culture or work life but also the possibility of referrals.