Forté Foundation, invites you to the 2012 Women Lead Webinar Series
Making Mentoring Work: Creative and Leveraging Effective Mentoring Relationships
Thursday, April 19 12:00 – 1:00 pm Eastern
Mentoring relationships have historically been identified as a critical tool in supporting career advancement and enhancing satisfaction. Changes in career trends and conditions have made these relationships even more important and relevant in today’s work environment. But effective mentoring relationships don’t just happen—there are skills and strategies for successfully creating and leveraging mentoring relationships.
In this webinar, you will get information on:
- Basic definition and characteristics of mentoring, and what distinguishes it from other developmental relationships
- Insight into challenges and opportunities inherent in mentoring, particularly across dimensions of difference
- Guidance on suggested actions to enhance mentoring relationships, from both the mentor’s and protégé’s perspective
- Introduction to a process to cultivate mentoring relationships
- Checklist of best practices to enable/support effective mentoring relationships
This webinar will be facilitated by Stacy Blake-Beard, Ph.D of Simmons College School of Management and the Center for Gender in Organizations.
The Women Lead Webinar Series explores topics surrounding leadership, career advancement and improving performance. We hope you’ll take advantage of these special online events featuring leading experts, business authors and senior executives from top companies.